Hi, Recruits! Boot Camp is coming soon! Are you excited?
First, here is your packing list!
- Clothes [sufficient for 3 days of sweaty activities]
- Sport shoes and slippers
- Socks [sufficient for 3 days]
- Water bottle of 1.5L (Important! Stay hydrated!)
- Medication [if needed]
- Sleeping bag
- Mess tin/utensils/cup [preferably plastic]
- Polishing kit [Kiwi, Brasso/Autosol and 2 pieces of old cloth]
Please LABEL your items so they don’t get mixed up/lost/missing.
Here is the list of items not allowed at camp
- Any electronic items (Inform your parents to contact the emergency numbers provided)
- Cards/Board games
- Weapons/Explosives (other than your knives for cooking; please be very careful!!!)
- Huge sum of money [ >RM20]
These are a few items that you would need during boot camp:
- Mess tin [can be bought at shops that sell camping tools]
- Brasso/Autosol (get either one from hardware or DIY shops)
- Kiwi (can get from hardware shops)
Next, as mentioned, there is a cooking test! You will have 90 minutes to cook fried rice from raw ingredients and eat it 😊
- You will be cooking in pairs! Bring your own portion of food. We will pair you up on the day itself.
- Ingredients: you are allowed to bring any kind of ingredients, but these are the criteria:
- Rice (make sure you bring your portion!)
- At least one vegetable
- Egg: Sunny side up
- Meat (optional)
- You will be judged by the following:
-Wholesomeness (30%) – Think food pyramid. Remember it is your dinner
-Palatability (30%) – You want food that tastes good.
-Appearance (10%) – Instagram loves food that looks good!
-Timeliness (15%) – keep to the 90 minute limit.
-Cleanliness (15%) – remember you are eating your food! And you don’t want food poisoning
- Cooking utensils: Mess tin. [No pan and pots] Solid fuels and a solid fuel stove will be provided for each pair(see pic below)
- Label your items!
1) Day 1(23/3/17): Fall in at 8am sharp in the basketball court. Come in your recruit uniform!
2) Remember to inform your parents to pick you up at 1 pm on 25/3/2017.
Thank you! Have a great week 🙂
-LCpl Khai Qing-